Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Buying Season for Summer 10 and Winter 11

One more week and my buying for summer 10 (Australian & New Zealand) and winter 11(European & American), will be complete.

Still to see is Willow and Finn, today, Gaia, Friday and the big one on Monday, Fred Bare.

I have to say it has been one of the easiest season to do buying.  I have loved mostly everything I have seen.  It makes it easy and hard at the same time.  Easy because you know you can't go wrong with the beautiful design presented to you but hard because you can't conceivably to everything and you have to cull designs that you like.

There is the dreaded "B" word you have to consider as well, that awful "Budget" word!  I hate budgets, I hate them for my personal life and I hate them for my business life.  I do sometimes have to appreciate Jim because he reigns me in a bit.

Well enough about the boring side to buying.  Now the fun stuff... What is coming!

You already now about One Red Fly and Purebaby.

We are doing Claesens for winter 11, apart from their gorgeous sleepwear range that they are renowned they have a nice tight range for girls and boys going to a size 14.  We have bought a great creme/black story(my favourite colour combination) for the girls and nice graphic tees for the boys, that is coming February 11.

Munster is always great, fun, quirky and now are doing both the boys and the girls to a size 12.  We will be doing both the missy and munster range right through the size range which we are excited about.  I am sure it will be a big hit!

Minit is a new brand which we will be ranging, again like Munster its a very casual range, lots of tees, tee shirt dresses, leggings and shorts. The range is mainly cotton jersey for both boys and girls and goes to a size 8.  Very clean, great graphics and very easy to wear.  Very well priced!

Big and Fiona is very blue this season, as in the colour.  My favourite blue is that bright almost "Santorini" blue which is featured greatly in the last delivery.  Beautiful dresses, very feminine and at the same time they have a lot of everyday basics which we have come to expect and depend from Big.  They have one of my favourite dresses of the coming season.  I wish Benita was little so she could wear it!  Oh well I guess I have to get one for my niece!

Coco and Ginger have done the beautiful aqua and pink silk dresses and some lovely flowy pieces, soft and romantic.  Peggy, for the babies, again beautiful fabrics, clean designs, a welcome change from the pinks for baby girls.

And now for my personal fave (so far).... Trelise Cooper Kids.  The woman is a brilliant! Whimsical, quirky, romantic and just a few ways of describing her range this coming season.  Beautiful ribbon, silks, lace, netting, embroidery are some of the fabrics used.  Pale blues, cremes, white, black, yellow, reds, vibrant pinks are the key colours.  And for the young ones, Alice!  I can go on and on and on... Love it all!  Its so hard to decide what not to order!

I will give you another update when all the buying is done.

Chat soon!
H

No comments:

Post a Comment